For Consistently Better Coffee:
In order to savor a more flavorful, aromatic, smooth, and rich cup of gourmet coffee here's some helpful tips (and a few secrets) so you can brew that perfect cup time after time.
1. Keep your coffee maker clean.
Sounds fairly simple, but residue from both water and coffee can build up in your machine over time and detract from the natural characteristics of the coffee. Since this generally happens slowly, from pot to pot, its hard for you to notice it. But it can, and certainly does, happen.
2. Use fresh, clear, and clean cold water free of impurities.
There's a lot of truth in the old phrase "coffee is 90% water". The quality of your brew is heavily dependent upon the quality of the water that you use. Freshly drawn tap water is fine. However, if you're not happy with your tap water's flavor or color, consider filtered or bottled water.
3. Keep your coffee fresh.
Enemies of storing coffee are air, light, heat, and moisture. When you're using our pre-packaged All Day Gourmet Coffee pillow packs and filter packs your coffee is kept fresh until you're ready to brew. They lock out the air, the light, and the moisture. All you need to do is store your coffee at room temperature.
Store your whole bean coffees – the ones you use daily to make your brew – in a cool, dark, dry place. And preferably in an opaque, air tight container. For more detailed information on storing your coffee beans, see our Coffee FAQs.
4. Use the "right amount" of coffee.
Our pre-packaged All Day Gourmet Coffee pillow packs and filter packs are already pre-measured to brew one pot of coffee (8, 10, or 12 cups). Simple, easy and convenient.
For whole beans, the right amount depends upon your personal taste preference. Start with 1½oz of beans for each 12-cup pot of coffee you brew. Then, adjust the amount of coffee to suit your personal taste preference. That's all there is to it.
5. Use the "right" filter basket.
For home coffee makers, the filter basket that came with your coffee maker is generally just fine for brewing coffee with filter pack coffee.
For commercial coffee makers, we recommend you use a specially designed flat-bottom filter basket made specifically for brewing filter pack coffee. You'll get a better brew every time. See Bloomfield, Bunn, and see it in action.
Better Brew Tip: When using filter packs (1) place the filter pack into the filter basket "seam-side" down, AND (2) use the specially designed flat-bottom filter basket (recommended for commercial coffee makers).
6. Immediately after brewing is complete...
Remove your coffee from the burner. Freshly brewed coffee ages when it's exposed to air. Flavor and aroma loss starts immediately after brewing and becomes noticeable after as little as 15 minutes.
For Consistently Better Iced Tea . . .
Whether you're brewing for home or commercial use, many of the brewing hints mentioned above for brewing delicious coffee are also common to brewing a splendid glass of our All Day Gourmet Iced Tea, All Day Gourmet Flavored Iced Tea, or Paradise Flavored Iced Tea.
- Keep your drip coffee or tea maker clean of residue.
- Use fresh, clear, and clean cold water free of impurities.
- Store your tea in air tight containers for maximum freshness.
All Day Gourmet Iced Tea is conveniently packaged in filter packs – perfect for brewing terrific iced tea. Available in two different sizes – and a variety of popular flavors – each filter pack brews ½ to 2 gallons of simply splendid traditional or flavored iced tea.
- Place the filter pack of tea into your coffee or tea filter basket with the seam-side down. Brew as you normally do.
- Option: For greater extraction and a stronger tea, empty the contents of the filter pack into a filter and brew as normal.
- While the tea brews, prepare your tea pitcher:
- Add your desired amount of sugar or sweetener,
- Add a little water to dissolve your sweetener,
- Pour in your freshly brewed tea, and
- Dilute with ice (preferably) or cold water.
Now you're ready to enjoy All Day Gourmet Iced Tea to the fullest. A fabulous glass of iced tea that fully deserves its Five Star Rating for aroma, body, color, clarity, and flavor.
Paradise Flavored Iced Tea – three ways to brew.
Brewer Method – Place one filter pack in the brew basket of your drip coffee maker or iced tea maker (seam side down). Fill your brewer with water and brew as normal. Pour the brewed tea into a pitcher and serve over ice.
Option: For greater extraction and a stronger tea, empty the contents of the filter pack into a filter and brew.
Refrigerator Method – Place one filter pack into ½ gallon iced tea pitcher. Add fresh cold water and allow to sit in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours. Remove filter pack and serve.
Hot Water Method – Place 24 ounces of hot water in a pitcher. Add one filter pack of tea and steep for 3 minutes. Remove bag, add 3 cups cold water and chill.
For Consistently Better Hot Tea...
- Bring fresh cold water to a rolling boil
- Preheat your teapot by pouring a small amount of boiling water into it and allow it to sit for a few seconds – then discard water
- Place one tea bag in your teapot per cup of water
- Pour hot water directly over tea bags and allow to steep
- Add milk, sweetener, lemon wedges – as you prefer
Green Teas = 180°F
Black and Herbal Teas = 200°F
White & Green Teas = 2-3 minutes
Black Teas = 3-5 minutes
Herbal Teas = 4-6 minutes
Rooibos (Red) Teas = 6+ minutes
Justin Lloyd Tea Brewing Steps (Loose Tea)
- Draw fresh cold water into a tea pot or
- Draw fresh cold water into a tea pot or electric kettle
- Bring water to a boil
- Use one teaspoon of loose tea for each cup of brewed tea
- Place tea into infuser, tea ball, or loose in teapot
- Pour water, just off a boil, over tea
- Cover tea pot and let stand (steep) for 3 to 5 minutes
- Pour strained tea into cup and serve
- You may also preheat your teapot by pouring a small amount of boiling water into it and let sit for a few seconds – then discard water